Monday, April 30, 2012

20 weeks

The Christmas lights and frozen nights
have given way to spring's blooms and sunny days
I still sit on the porch and cry for you
One foot on the road to the future
one foot stuck always back in December
I watch the stars and wonder
when I'll ever stop thinking
"maybe tonight he'll come home"
Always memories replaying
of when life was life-
Perfect- and we didn't even know it
20 weeks and I'm still crying.
20 weeks and you're still dying every day
over and over again in my mind
20 weeks and it's still just the beginning
of our forever down here
without you.



5 comments:

  1. I think you're doing a great job of keeping his memory alive and living on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine how hard it is when time draaaaaaags on and goes by in a blur simultaneously.

    Keep writing. You do it well. Sometimes being honest, true-and-brutal honest, is therapy. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally breaking my heart, K. Praying for each of you. I know how scary and heavy "alone" feels!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you and am so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just see the picture of you together on your sidebar.....and it is sooo very very clear the LOVE you shared. It is hard to even think about. The great IN BETWEEN. How to move forward when your heart is still with him. I will continue to pray because it is all I know how to do.

    ReplyDelete